Old July 2nd 05, 06:46 AM

Tony Curran wrote:
> The S6 also sold in Canada thru 1997 - US required OBD which the S4 and S6
> don't have - 97s have it.
>
> I'm an urS6 owner for the past 3 years and $10000 Canadian lighter in the
> wallet. Upgraded suspension, chip, exhaust, Pirelli tires plus regular
> running repairs. Not bad to work on yourself if your that way incline or
> find a VERY good Audi repair shop, not a dealer.
>
> Join the S-Car list. Very informative and friendly bunch. There are probably
> some in your city to share info with. I've saved $1000s by
> watching/enchanging info on list.

Thanks for the encouragement, Tony. '92 S4, 148k miles, body is
flawless, interior looks new, no chip (yet) and a rebuilt tranny due to
first gear issues.

I think I'd probably go with the TAP stage 2 chip to start with.

When you're not on-boost, how does it drive? What kind of mileage do
you get if you drive it conservatively?

(If you want to speak metric, I can do the conversions myself.)

E.P.