Old September 8th 06, 08:23 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Mike G

Default How many different anti-theft wheel bolts?

"John Burns" > wrote in message
>> Recently bought an E39, which has the same ant-theft wheel bolts as my
>> e34.
>> Both have the same number adapter, so either adapter fits the bolts on
>> both.
>> Just wondered how many variations there are.

> I think the number of splines is written on the adaptor. There are at
> least 20 adaptors I think.

Thanks John. I didn't think the equispaced design of the splines allowed for
very many.
Should have thaught of it before I asked my question. Just checked on
www.realoem. Looks like there are 30. Coded 11-40 inc.
With so few adapters, it doesn't seem like a particularly good anti-theft
device.
Mike.