Old July 1st 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Howard Nelson

Default AOD woes

1989 5.0 with AOD. Did the 3.73 gears and helped some but still find low
throttle 1-2 shift at 13-1400 rpm and 2-3 low throttle shift point 14-1500
rpm. That is really a drag around town. I would like those shift points to
be approximately at 2200 rpm. You can do that manually for 1-2 but no choice
for 2-3.
The valve recalibration kits I have researched say they change the full
throttle shift points. Since I am not on the strip that doesn't seem to be a
solution.

Are there any mods to the AOD which will raise the non full throttle shift
points to a more reasonable level?

Thanks in Advance
Howard
1989 5.0 LX vert