Old September 11th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Bill Funk

Default 1999 Honda Accord EX - A/c and Heating Panel Controls

On 10 Sep 2006 18:13:42 -0700, wrote:

>Hi Folks,
> I have a Honda Accord 1999 EX Model. I face a strange problem. When i
>turn the car engine on usually the A/C and Heating panel light does not
>turn on. I try pushing mode button, temprature knowb, a/c button
>recirulation button but none of them have any effect and the lights do
>not turn on. It seems as if there is no power in the panel. However,
>The radio and cd player below it works fine.
>After i have driven for 20 minutes or so, the A/C panel ligts
>dramatically turn on and everything starts working great. These lights
>may go out again at any time and it kinda keeps eaking out between ON
>and Off stage at its own will.

Don't have that car, but it sounds like you have an intermittant
connection that's specific to that module.The fact that it's
intermittant can drive a mechanic nuts!
The solution is to remove that module, and either replace it or check
(and re-solder, if necessary) the connections that have anything to do
with those lights.
Good luck!
--
Bill Funk