Old September 21st 04, 04:34 AM
Kent

Somehow, our parents, and our parent's parents, "made due" without these
leather clad, bechromed behemoths, and their families were larger on
average. And the "Great American Road Trip" was all the rage. The Big 3 and
their Madison Ave. accomplices have convinced gullible city-dwelling boomers
(mostly) that they can't "make due" without these ridiculously high margin
vehicles, and they're laughing all the way to the bank. More proof that
growing up in front of the television makes you soft in the head.

--
Kent
1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 220,000+ miles

"Steve Grauman" > wrote in message
> >Practicality be damned, I'm heading down to my
> >dealer right now and get me a Touareg!

> For some of us, an SUV *is* the most practical vehicle. We can't all make

due