Old July 27th 05, 11:09 PM
Mike Romain

SnoMan wrote:

> "Mike Romain" wrote:
> >You don’t mention a new distributor cap and rotor?
> >

> He did not say it was missing. You might also check the fuel filter
> because I have a problem with that one years ago with my 89 burb which
> has the same engine but I suspect that it is a fuel quality issue were
> it is retarding the spark a lot on hard pulls and it is hot outside.
> Octane requiremnts go up with heat and load.
>
> --

If the cap and rotor are old, the build up can just cause a weak spark
which 'I' can notice as a loss of power on my engines.

Too many folks forget to check them with the fancy 'e'lectronic
ignitions because they don't arc out as fast as with the old points
system.

He still didn't say if it was checked. It was his dad's city truck, my
bet is the cap and rotor are original still....

It sure is an easy check and a cheap fix if that is the trouble.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's