Old June 30th 05, 11:54 PM

> This is a warning to anyone looking to buy one of these vehicles. I
> just bought one a couple months ago and it makes a constant loud
> annoying humming sound around 80 mph.

Do you have the CVT? The CVT in my 2003 Civic has a steel belt that makes
a noticeable amount of high pitched noise. I rarely notice it if the radio
is on, but the car is so quiet otherwise that I sometimes think there is a
police car coming from somewhere a block away as I'm slowing for a stop
with the radio off...
At 70-80mph there's too much other noise in the Civic for me to notice the
CVT, but maybe that's different in the Accord.

The noise is a high enough pitch that different people hear it differently.

--
---