Old May 27th 04, 09:29 AM
Jake P

"Pete" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:42:39 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Plant"
> >, wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >I have an Alfa 147 2.0 Lusso TS, and the engine needs some oil. What

would
> >be the best type to get?
> >
> >Any help is much appreciated.
> >

> Fully Synthetic oil. What ever make your local garage sells.
> Just read the label carefully.
> NOT synthetic based oil, a full synthetic one.

Why fully synthetic? I use Shell semi-synthetic, exactly the same as the
dealers (and I've used 3 locally, they keep closing the buggers down!!) put
in at services, on exactly the same vehicle as above. If it's good enought
for them, and my Alfa warranty, then who am I to argue?

ISTR a similar discussion (or discussions!) here where fully synthetic was
absolutely not recommended, for reasons that I can't remember.

Jake