Old May 27th 04, 10:29 AM
MeatballTurbo

In article <40b5a7d1.0@entanet>, says...
> Why fully synthetic? I use Shell semi-synthetic, exactly the same as the
> dealers (and I've used 3 locally, they keep closing the buggers down!!) put
> in at services, on exactly the same vehicle as above. If it's good enought
> for them, and my Alfa warranty, then who am I to argue?

Depends on the Viscosity I think.

Most full synths I've seen tend to be 5w or 0w viscosities.

Although I imagine a dealer could get it, 10w full synths aren't common
on the shelves of places where you buy oil for topups, but semisynth in
a 10w40 (and sometimes thicker hot viscosities) is faily common.
--
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com