Old May 10th 05, 02:17 AM
Ad absurdum per aspera

> What a brilliant solution to being carjacked - crash into some
> innocent victim's car and break some innocent person's leg!

Well... some authorities say that being taken to a secondary crime
scene without anyone's being the wiser is pretty much a worst-case
scenario. Even if the carjacker didn't start out intending to kill the
witness, the idea might occur to him.

It's possible - sitting here at the computer without anybody sticking a
gun in my ribs -- to think of how she might have done something a bit
less destructive; but all in all I'd say she did alright. The thug
is most likely going to be in prison awhile, and more important, his
would-be victim *isn't* going to be maggot habitat in a dumpster
somewhere.

Note also that she thought she was driving into a parked car; it was
just pure bad luck that someone was standing around near it.

One man's opinion, worth what you paid if your connect time is cheap,
--Joe