Old July 24th 05, 03:06 PM
Pooh Bear

Dave wrote:

> Pooh Bear wrote:
>
> > > Mine is labelled as a parking brake, and I've never had to use mine
> > > except when my master cylander died in a 20 year old car.

> > Clearly you're not in the UK then. I was referring to the UK driving test. Pls pay
> > attention to the thread. It has *British* in it.

> So everyone in the UK drives a car in such disrepair they can't just
> use their normal brakes?

You're either trolling or can't read what's been said.

In the UK ( in a car with manual transmission ) you use the brake pedal to brake when in
motion and set the parking brake when stationary for more than say a few seconds. You can
hold the car with the footbrake for sure but if it's for long - such as waiting for lights
to change and you're on a hill it makes more sense and feels more comfortable to use the
parking ( hand ) brake.

Of course if you have an auto box you can select P or wastefully burn fuel in gear.

Graham