Old March 14th 05, 05:05 PM
Jeff Strickland

"tech27" > wrote in message
.verio.net...

> "Stan Dowiat" > wrote in message
>

> > After having the BMW dealer price a 4 wheel alignment at $181, then
> > finding that a local tire store could do a good job for $49

> I doubt they would even come CLOSE to doing a good job. When you get your
> new tires and they wear badly and unevenly you will find out it was money
> wasted.

DO NOT BELIEVE THIS FOR ONE SECOND.

While there are certainly alignment shops that can't tell their ass from a
hole in the ground, there is no reason to think that all of them are like
that. There is no reason to pay a dealer $180 for an alignment when a good 4
wheel alignment can be found for $70.

> I'm betting that there
> > are very few reasons I would ever take my 97 528 with 111,000 k miles to
> > the dealer.

> Like they know the car? But if you have a good mechanic who you trust

there
> is no reason to take a car that age/mileage to a dealer for service.
>

> A guy at work said an installed battery would cost about $300. I
> > found a BMW site which tells what type brand of $100 Diehard fits and
> > works fine. Are these kind of price at the dealerships normal?

> Yes and no. Depends on the dealer.
>

> > Usually I change the oil in our cars myself. On the BMW there are the
> > "service lights" on the dash that come on and tell you how long till
> > ervice is needed. Does anyone know how to reset that yourself?

> Do a search. It's been covered about 98,877,987 times. Make sure you

change