Old July 20th 05, 08:25 PM
Larry Bud

Default Inattentive driver saves me from a possible ticket

Travelling about 10 over (60 in a 50) coming over a hill on a 4 lane
road (2 each way, double yellow between them). Very few cars out last
night at 7pm oddly enough.

Radar goes off, hit the brakes as the cop passes me the other way. I
see in my mirror that he turns around. I figure I'm toast, even though
around here, 10 over generally isn't going to get you a ticket. But
hey, the month is nearing end and the donut patrol needs to hit their
quota.

So I pull up to the light, about 3 drivers in front of me, a car behind
me, and the cop behind him. Light turns green, first guy takes FOREVER
to get moving, and it's only about a 15 second light at best. I get
through the light as it turns yellow, car behind me, afraid he'll get a
ticket for running the red stop, stops, keeping the cop behind him.