Old June 26th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default miata power window motor weight

Since we were discussing the weight of the power window motors, I
decided to go ahead and weigh one since I am gutting a few doors to
auction the parts.
It comes out to a little under two pounds for the motor alone.

So, the power windows are adding about 3.5 pounds total to the weight of
a miata if you add the extra wiring/switches and then subtract the
weight of the crank mechanism and handle.
This is on a 1990 model, which should be the same through 1997. I guess
I can live with that.....

Pat