Old May 10th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default mower white smoke

wrote:
> I just started the mower and it runs on and off with a lot of smoke.

Are you saying the mower will only run periodically and when it does it
is with a lot of smoke.

Or are you saying that sometimes when the mower runs it smokes, but not
always.

> I did drain off the mower engine oil last winter and refilled that with
> 5w30 after checking up with this newsgroup.

Did you overfill it. Also has the mower been tipped on it's side with
the carburetor on the down side.

> My guess is that I put in some gas that has been around over 6 months.

Does the gas have two cycle oil in it.

> What other option do I have?

Check the above.