Old June 29th 04, 01:25 PM
Circuit Breaker

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:36:44 -0400, Tom Donnelly wrote:

> 1997 Caravan, and occasionally, the guages on the instrument panel won't
> register, the electronic odometer and transmission selector is not lit, but
> the ABS light comes on. Restarting the van a few times may fix it or it may
> fix itself while driving. When the guages start registering again, the ABS
> light goes out.
> Any ideas?

Bad ground / bad (loose) connection, obviously something that would affect
the entire cluster. The ABS light comes on probably because some sensor
that is somehow related to the cluster is not getting the signal that ABS
is on, so it "thinks" that ABS is off (or, if ABS depends on some signal
that goes through the cluster (why, I don't know), then ABS may very well
BE off).

If I had a gambling problem, I'd put money on a faulty connection/ground.

The fix? Reseat fuses, get behind the cluster and reseat all connections,
check all ground straps, etc etc etc etc etc.

HIH
CJ
--
THIS POST ORIGINATED FROM USENET, *NOT* ANY WEB-BASED FORUM! IF YOU ARE READING
IT FROM A WEB BROWSER SUCH AS INTERNET EXPLORER OR NETSCAPE, THEN YOU ARE NOT