Old January 9th 05, 11:46 PM
WinterInAmerica

Default Question about buying an old car

Hi there. I would be very interested in anyone's opinion on this
matter. I am looking to buy my first car (always lived in philly, used
public trans for years before this). I really would like my first car
to be a mid-60s era cadillac. My friends think this is a phenomenally
bad idea. Folks point to a lack of 'crumple zones' or airbags in older
cars, that I would constantly have to replace parts (which would be
some serious long green), and even then, where would I get parts, that
I couldn't rely on it to get me to work, and that it is just plain
dangerous, blah blah blah. In your expert opinions, how seriously
should I regard these naysayers, and how much of what they are saying
is mambojahambo? Despite all of this, I still find myself pretty
dead-set on the idea - what advice could you give someone in my
position who knows very little about cars, and who is looking to buy an
older vehicle?

Thanks!
WiA