Old July 10th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
valliygirl

Default Possible transfer case problem on 2000 jeep?

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2000 Jeep TJ sports, manual transmission, and I Love it but
it's sick.
I have been reading up on older posts and noticed alot of people had
the noisy clutch (rattle) I also had this issue. However recently it
has become more serious and I would like to know if others have had the
same problem. As I said I also have the noisy clutch but recently it
has been getting louder and louder. Then this weekend I was doing about
2 hrs of highway driving (vacation) and the rattle became so pronounced
I could feel it on my foot. I of course pulled of the highway and the
rattle disappeared as the engine cooled. I was almost to my destination
when there was a loud BANG and now it will not go into gear...the
engine is running perfectly as always but will not shift. I wondering
if any one else has had this happen? If it is related to the consistent
rattle on these models or if I'm really out of luck and have to get my
transmission or transfer case replaced.

I'll let everybody know what the dealer says when I have it towed 1/2
hr to them tomorrow (happy vacation to me!) Could have been worse at
least I wasn't going 120km on the highway at the time. (lol)