Old August 27th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
ray

Default Car shaking after changing spark plugs

* wrote:
> jeffcoslacker > wrote in article
>

>>I'll cocurr with the others...cracked insulator or damaged plug wire
>>most likely, gap not so much so, but possible...if they were platinum
>>plugs with the preset gap, they are rarely ever wrong...the electrode
>>is tough as hell and doesn't bend easily..
>>
>>I agree also, Bosch Plats are crap, I'd throw them away if that's what
>>you got, get Motorcraft or Autolite for it...
>>

> I, for one, would be interested in hearing what, exactly, is "crap" about
> the Bosch plugs.
>
> Resistors? Metallurgy? Ceramic composition?
>
> Where do they fail in your testing?
>
> What type of testing did you subject them to?
>
> What is it, exactly, that makes them inferior to other spark plugs?

I would guess in this case it's heat range. Heat range X isn't always
the same across brands, and some cars are really sensitive about this.
My buddy has a PT Cruiser that had the check engine light come on when
it was a year old and there was a TSB on the plugs. Can't remember
which brand was involved, but basically the TSB was "thou shalt ONLY use
plug xyz in this engine or your Check Engine light will be on."

I've bought used cars with 3 different brands of plugs without any
issues, but some cars are just "picky" about the plugs.

Ray