Old July 7th 05, 12:37 AM
evad5150

Default 88 caravan 3.0 engine wont start

hi everyone, thought i’d give this forum a try to solve my dilemma.
My 88 mini ram/caravan just quit running while I was driving. No
sputtering or hesitation first, it just quit. The last time something
similar to this happened to this vehicle, the fuel pump needed
replacement. that was only four years ago and i’ve only put about
14,000 miles on since then so i’m looking elsewhere for the problem
first. Can anyone tell me the ignition key sequence to access the
failure codes? I knew at one time but forgot. The instructions in my
chiltons manual did not work. I also tried a new ignition coil with
no luck. The engine will start briefly if I spray starting fluid into
the air intake so i’m pretty sure the problem is fuel related. I’m
thinking the problem may be with the engine computer or a relay but
i’m not sure how to properly diagnose a failure code. Can anyone
point me in the right direction?

Dave

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-88-c...ict127732.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=622789