Old January 30th 05, 09:59 PM
jaybird

"Paul" <Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend is a > wrote in
message ...

> "jaybird" > wrote in message
>
>> That's pretty funny, and defense attorneys have tried using that line

> too,
>> to no avail.

> And the only reason it is to no avail is that prosecutors will only
> allow idiots on juries who believe whatever they and the cops say. Any
> potential juror who remotely indicates capability of critical thought is
> sent home.

I'm sure it seems that way especially if the guy on trial happened to be
carrying large amounts of narcotics in his vehicle, but the evidence is all
there.

>> The dogs are trained to alert to the presence of narcotics,
>> not hamburgers. The dogs are trained only to give an alert on drugs,
>> nothing else. We're not talking about Fifi and Fido lying around your
>> house.

> Bull. The dog alerts to what ever the cop handling it wants you to think
> that it is alerting to regardless of what the dog is smelling so that he
> can intimidate you into giving up your constitutional rights.

Nope, not the way it works. A dog can't certify if it just alerts to
anything the handler wants it to.

>> > What we do know is that the dog's actions are intrepreted by a

> person
>> > who has a vested interest in putting as many people in jail as

> possible,
>> > Constitution be damned. And AFAIC, that makes the interpretation
>> > suspect. Too bad that the idiots sitting on the benches from the

> local
>> > level right up to the 9 old Russell Wellers in the supreme court

> just go
>> > right along with it and wipe their asses with our Constitutional

> Rights.
>>
>> I think it's more a matter of them being familiar with K9 practices

> more
>> than the average citizen does. People assume that because they have a

> dog
>> lying around the house that police dogs behave in the same manner. It

> is
>> true that all dogs have the same basic instincts, but the average

> house dog
>> doesn't get constant and consistent training like a police dog does.

> The dog is just a prop to railroad as many ignorant people as possible
> into giving up their rights to the democan (or republocrat if that is
> your thing) police state.

Actually it's a tool for finding narcotics. I wouldn't want to search a
vehicle that has nothing illegal in it.

--
---
jaybird