Old October 8th 04, 04:29 PM
Nick

(Cirrus99x) wrote in message >...
> >Bill Putney wrote

> >I would suggest a vaccum leak, and that your low oil pressure light is
> >simply because the idle is low due to the vauum leak - nothing wrong
> >with the oil pressure. The oil filter leaking is probably just that -
> >the oil filter leaking - not related to the light.
> >
> >How long since your last oil/filter change? You say you will change
> >your oil this week end. Great. Before you loosen the filter, try
> >tightening it a little to see if it is simply loose, which would explain
> >the dripping (or perhaps there is a leak higher up that is making its
> >way down).
> >
> >Bill Putney
> >

> Good advice Bill. I would also take a look at and replace the oil pressure
> sender switch which is directly above the oil filter on the V6 Cirrus.They
> have been known to be a problem and leak.
>
> Lou

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I will let you know how
things turn out. As for your question Bill on the last oil change...
it was about 4-5 months ago and is well overdue since I put a lot of
highway type miles on the car weekly (about 4-500 easy). I mean to
change it more often but that little thing called life quite often
gets in the way. Again, thanks for the advice and I will run with it
from here.