Old October 13th 04, 09:25 AM
Buzzardous Cross

I think for yr 2000, 1.6TS is NOT using an electronic throttle i.e. no
fly by wire.
But later on 2002?, the whole range of TS engines have gone
e-throttle.

As you've pointed out (and I'm elaborating):
If the car has an electronic throttle, and e.g. in the 2.0selespeeds,
the ECU already has control over the throttle butterfly.
So a closed loop control to maintain desired speed based on setpoint
and speedometer reading is just some software routines away - which
they could have already put in the Engine ECU firmware.

BUT:
Even if we found the switch, we'd still need to figure out the
pin-outs on the ECU that take-in the:
- speed setpoint
- coast signal
- accelerate signal

Or do you mean that that one switch takes in signals for speed
setpoint & coast?

Though I guess the most important part that we need is the speed
setpoint. I could easily live with a cruise control that only had set
& coast or at the very worst case only set.

Must say you've made a very interesting discovery. My curiosity's
been aroused!

B.C.