Old July 24th 05, 10:03 PM
Dave

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> On 23 Jul 2005 17:18:49 -0700, "Dave" > wrote:
>
> >> Heck,they stop DEAD in their lane here in Orlando,and that's just to c=

hange
> >> lanes because they were two lanes over from where they wanted to make a
> >> turn.And they sit there until some enabler lets them in.

> >I saw 5 Pepsi cars do that across two lanes after they pulled into the
> >lanes marked I-15 SOUTH ONLY. Apparently the large signs (there's more
> >than one) that say FREEWAY ONLY and I-15 S ONLY aren't enough, so they
> >stopped in the lanes of the ramp so they could get back out of those
> >lanes.

> Was there a lot of traffic in the through lanes?
>
> Assholes do things like use the "freeway only" lanes to bypass long
> lines of people who are doing the right thing, and then try to force
> their way in at the last possible moment - stopping dead and blocking
> the lane, if necessary.

Are you sure you didn't see this happen? That's exactly what it looked
like they were doing. I assume they wanted the I-15N lanes and didn't
want to wait in line like everyone else does. That, or they were all
so clueless as to where they were going they all got into lanes marked
SOUTH FREEWAY ONLY. (It's not just freeway only anymore, I didn't
notice till today.)

> These are the same assholes who, when actually on the freeway, will
> duck out into the acceleration lane in order to sneak ahead by a few
> carlengths, and then stop dead with their signal on, blocking everyone
> who is trying to exit.

Or, if they have a large pickup, will use the grassy median as an extra
lane. I've seen that on two different freeways in the last 6 months.
Cops seem to take that pretty seriously if you call up with their plate
#'s though.

Dave