Old July 11th 05, 03:18 AM
OldSchool

Default CRASH! BMW hits my C4- Questions at the end

It was a very nice day for a drive here in SE MI. I was on my way to
pick up my daughter at a birthday party. I was drivin' 'bout 50 (the
posted limit) and jammin' to The Psychodelic Furs (yeah, I'm an 80's
throwback). This BMW in front of me has his R turn signal on. I drop
her in 3rd, still well back, and wait for him to start turning. He does
start to turn right. I start to go around him.

Next thing I see out of the corner of my eye is a car coming at my
passenger door side. The guy decided to turn left! Well, stopping would
have done me no good. So I hit it and swung as far left as the two lane
road will let me. I almost made it...He clipped the lower back part of
the bumper as I was finishing the move. Just a tap. But it put me more
or less sideways on the road squeelin.

I adjusted, She straightened out and I pulled over. After talkin' with
the guy, he denies ever starting to turn right. Said he had his left
signal on. Said I was careless, Said I could have killed him. Also,
said all of this to the cop. I told the cop the same as this post. I
knew damn well he wouldn't believe me.

He ended up saying the accident was my fault. Said that I was not
allowed to pass at that spot. Said it was before the 'pass with care'
sign. But, he did not give me a ticket. Said he wasn't there to know if
the guy signaled wrong or not. This ****ed the BMW guy right off. If
you saw me in my bleached blond hair, old Seahawk jersey and pretty boy
features, you would know why I was so surprised the cop didn't write me
up and believe Mr. BMW 100%

Anyway, the damage to my car is a paint rub to the lower right of the
bumper behind the back tire.

Questions
-Cop gave me a police report number for insurance. Do I have to call it
in? My deductable is like $500.00 or maybe more. I don't think it will
cost that much.

-Any good tips on getting paint (or maybe tire rubber) off a white
bumper.

Thanks - A rare poster
OldSchool