Old July 11th 05, 01:47 PM
Unquestionably Confused

OldSchool wrote:
> Oops. The BMW had paint damage to his driver side front bumper and his
> reflecter was damaged. Honestly, he was waffling for so long on whether
> to call the cops or not, I was finally like, "I'm callin' the cops."
> Believe it or not, he did have his turn signal on for a R turn. He lied
> to the cop, straight up. He knew he was lying. That was hard to deal
> with.
>
> Thanks for all of your comments. But I still think I should lay low.
> MI. has no fault. Is it wrong to not claim something that is minor? I
> wish I knew.

If the only damage had been to your car, i.e. bumped a light pole in the
local stop & rob, that's one thing. The reason you have insurance - at
least in states which mandate it - it to cover the other person's
losses, not yours.

Read your policy, you're required in most policies to notify them of any
potential loss. That's what this is, a potential loss as this prick in
the BMW is not likely to fix his reflector, etc. out of his own pocket.

After all, it was all your fault, he had his left turn signal on the
whole time <g>

Get thee to your insurance agent, explain what happened and sit back and
wait for the other shoe to fall. I have a feeling that if you talk to
him today you'll still beat the other guy by an hour or so.