Old July 11th 05, 11:35 PM
Charlie Funk

Is it wrong to not claim something that is minor?

The threshold varies by state and insurance company, but in Tennessee, if
damage to ALL vehicles exceeds $200 a report ahs to be filed with the state.
Sounds like you already did this by default when the police came. If the
Bimmer dude lied about the turn signal, what's to say he won't have whip
lash in another month or so? You KNOW how your head gets bounced around in
those nasty side impacts - hardly scratched the paint, but I swear I almost
broke my neck your honor.

If the Bimmer dude will sign a full and total release of any and all claims
of whatever nature for whatever reason for any consequence stemming from the
fender bender from now until the end of time, you might be okay not turning
it in. My guess the guy is a liar but not stupid. He won't go for the
release. If he won't, you need to get this turned in YESTERDAY.

Charlie

oups.com...