Old March 11th 05, 07:21 PM

Default MFFY du jour...

Went to the bank today, pulled into a spot next to handicapped parking.
The rest of the parking lot was empty. As I set the brake, a large
crew-cab pick up pulled right up on my left beside me into the
handicapped parking, over the parking line into my spot, with the
bumper for the truck actually hanging over where my car would be if I
backed straight up.

Slightly pudgy guy hops out and walks quickly for the door of the bank
as I do an eel impressesion to get out of my car. Truck has no
handicapped placards at all. I think quickly about how long a city
police cruiser would take to get there if I had a "mechanical failure"
after pulling out of the spot and behind the truck. The police station
is three blocks away. Unfortunately, I do not have time to stand
around waiting for some cop to do his duty.

Another opportunity lost to give a MFFY his just deserts.

I did have an opportunity in the bank to say quietly to the guy (and he
did hear, but didn't do anything but turn around), "thanks for the
crappy parking job, jerk."

E.P.