Old March 11th 05, 07:47 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Went to the bank today, pulled into a spot next to handicapped parking.
> The rest of the parking lot was empty. As I set the brake, a large
> crew-cab pick up pulled right up on my left beside me into the
> handicapped parking, over the parking line into my spot, with the
> bumper for the truck actually hanging over where my car would be if I
> backed straight up.
>
> Slightly pudgy guy hops out and walks quickly for the door of the bank
> as I do an eel impressesion to get out of my car. Truck has no
> handicapped placards at all. I think quickly about how long a city
> police cruiser would take to get there if I had a "mechanical failure"
> after pulling out of the spot and behind the truck. The police station
> is three blocks away. Unfortunately, I do not have time to stand
> around waiting for some cop to do his duty.
>
> Another opportunity lost to give a MFFY his just deserts.
>
> I did have an opportunity in the bank to say quietly to the guy (and he
> did hear, but didn't do anything but turn around), "thanks for the
> crappy parking job, jerk."

I would have spoken louder: "Hey man--you have the whole parking lot for a
spot and not only do you take a handicap spot but you almost hit my car
squeezing in next to it. If my car is damaged at all because of your poor
skills, you'll pay for it--and your insurance carrier won't. In fact, I'm
writing down your plate # and make/model in case you try a little hit and
run action."

People like this deserve attention for their stupidity and thoughtlessness.