Old May 12th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default E-85

In article >, Jim Yanik wrote:
> (Brent P) wrote in
> :
>
>> In article >, Jim Yanik
>> wrote:

(Brent P) wrote in
>>> :

>>> As if farmers have time,money (for machinery),or the inclination to
>>> process a crop to make biodiesel or alk.

>> I suggest you watch the episode of dirty jobs making biodiesel. It's
>> easier than a good number of things farmers do.
>>

> I'm saying that they have higher priorities(for both time and money),and
> little if any spare money to buy such machinery that would be needed.
> You'd probably need an environmental impact study and gov't permits up the
> ying-yang to deal with the left-over wastes.

Farmer bob could raise crops that are used to make ethanol. Farmer john
could raise crops that are used to make bio-diesel. Both can run their
tractors on bio-diesel from bubba's bio-diesel who bought crops from
farmer john.

Of course to all the nay-sayers this too complex, but it's a fraction of
the complexity for say gasoline.