Old July 21st 05, 05:46 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article .com>,
says...

>Hi, I am gonna try to change the brake fluid in two Civics. One is
>1997, the other one is 2001, both are LX, 5 speed, no ABS. How much
>brake fluid do I need foe each? I plan to use a syringe to extract the
>old fluid from the reservoir, then add fress fluid and flush the lines
>one at a time, (I know the right order), use a hose at the bleeding
>screw (does anyone know WHAT SIZE?) and have someone pump the brake.
>Yes, I will refill the reservoir, I don't want air in the system.

After you empty the MC reservoir, wipe it down with a clean paper towel.
Then fill it with fresh fluid. How much fluid you will need will depend
on the condition of the brake lines. Sometimes it takes a lot of fluid
to flush out all the crud in the system. In my limited experience, one
quart has been enough to flush a brake system clean.
Alex