Old July 23rd 05, 06:56 AM
Stephen Cowell

"L.W. (=DFill) Hughes III" > wrote in message =
> Stephen Cowell wrote:
> > =20
> > Stop it... I'm gonna hurl... *again*!
> >=20
> > Take a tablespoon of salt... put it in
> > the sun. Tell us when it degrades.
> > No fair letting it get wet... even though
> > that wouldn't degrade it.
> >=20
> > In fact, you'd have a hard time making
> > chlorine do anything but be chlorine.
> > Go ahead and try....
> >=20
> > Of course, the point is, chlorine can't
> > get to the stratosphere without being
> > bound up into a gaseous molecule
> > that is extremely strong... otherwise,
> > rain would precipitate it out. That's
> > the entire problem... chlorinated
> > fluorocarbons are highly insoluble
> > in water, and stay bound up until they
> > get to the upper atmosphere where
> > UV light can attack them.

> Well we've established you don't own a pool.=20

Another 'king of the non-sequiturs' gem! AAMOF,
I've spent *years* maintaining pools... there is a zen
to it. Have you ever found and repaired a concrete
pool leak, Bill? It's loads of fun... you use a syringe
and food coloring, then you use an electric jackhammer.
Then you use PVC pipe couplers... I had to make my
own slip fittings... Dremel is your friend. Ever heard
of diatomaceous earth? How about Polaris? Ever
killed a rat in a pool? Loads of fun... you *do* learn
to hate deciduous trees, and those funny Mayfly larvae
that are just the right size to get hung in the Polaris bag.
__
Steve
..