Old December 21st 04, 09:36 AM
Randy Maheux

If your car came with Bridgestone Touranza E30 tires, you did well to get
24K out of them. I'm replacing mine at 18K. They are a performance tire
with a very low treadwear rating. I'm switching to Yokohama AVS ES-100s.
It is still a performance tire, but I expect them to last closer to 30K.

Randy

"johnnya" > wrote in message
> I bought a new 2004 in March and now have 24,000 miles on it. I had to
> replace the tires last week as they had no tread left on them ( I did not
> check them as often as I should have - just assumed that tires would last
> longer than this and only rotated once).
>
> Can someone help me understand if this is something that I can look

forward
> to forever (this is my first Miata and I love it!!). I have 205/45/16

size
> tires. I would prefer to replace them next time with higher profile and
> smaller size, any recommendations?? I use the car more as a fun commuter
> (about 100 miles per day) but do occasionally enjoy taking 30mph corners

at