Old July 7th 05, 07:27 PM
Synapse Syndrome

"Simon Mason" > wrote in message

> "GT" > wrote in message
> ng.com...
>> Anyone replaced the standard headlight bulbs with Xenon bulbs in an alfa
>> 156 2002 (old style exterior, new interior)? Any problems? Ebay are
>> listing a pair for £11 with delivery.

> These are *not* Xenon discharge lamps which come standard on a number of
> cars now. They are merely ordinary halogen lamps tinted to look like them.

Xenon is one of the halogen gases that can be used to fill halogen bulbs,
and there is no reason to assume that these aren't xenon filled. But it is
true that they aren't HID (high intensity discharge) lamps as they would
require different electrics including ballasts, but I don't think the poster
was thinking they were.

ss.