Old November 3rd 04, 12:50 PM
dave

Default 1991 Jetta CA model is different

I just saw a California 1991 8V gas model for the first time here in Chicago.
Totally odd stuff on the engine, at least to me:
Different fuel injector wiring, with maybe individual wiring for each injector.

Different throttle body switches and two stop screws for the levers.
Engine check light. I wonder if I can hook the vag-com tool up to the ECM?

But same wiring issues that the 91s are known for, ground wiring breaking at
coolant flange, wiring breaking at throttle switches.

BTW it was failing the Indiana Emissions test due to the broken ground wire.
later,
dave
Reminder........
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
shoes. Frieda Norris