Old July 23rd 05, 07:25 AM
Chuck Tomlinson

"James C. Reeves" > wrote:
>"Chuck Tomlinson" > wrote in message
>>
>> AFAIK, the Impala owner's manual has instructions on how to
>> disable the headlamp delay (or extend it to 60 seconds...).

>When one *has* to read the owner manual in order to know how to work the
>lights, perhaps the control system is just a wee-bit "over-engineered".

Perhaps. I downloaded a 2005 Impala owner's manual from
the Chevrolet Owner's Center: various customization settings
(including the headlamp delays) are changed via the _radio_.
The procedure is probably impossible to figure out unless
the owner's manual is consulted. But if the owner does
choose to RTFM, the procedure is quite easy to follow.

I can't say whether GM made a reasonable decision when they
decided to "overload" frequently-used buttons for seldom-
(or rarely-)used features.

But FWIW, I don't have a problem with having to read an
owner's manual (whether electronic or paper) for a setup
procedure that I would probably use exactly once.
--
Chuck Tomlinson