Old February 23rd 05, 04:14 PM
remco

I don't think your ignitor is the problem as you are getting sparks.

You could have jumped some teeth, but that is also less likely since you
weren't getting sparks. What are the chances that you have both problems
happen at the very same time, right?

Last time I had a problem like this with our integra, after I got it all
fixed it would not start either. It sounded different, but just wouldn't
catch. I had spark again so my problem was indeed fixed (in my case it was
the ignitor and coil).
To get it started, I took the large air intake hose off and shot some
starter fluid in the manifold. Flooring the pedal, It caughed back to life
and has been running fine since then.

I am not sure why this was needed, but suspect that the computer somehow
retained the bad condition and made adjustments accordingly. After the fix
was made, those adjustments were totally bogus. This is pure conjecture, but
it worked for me.
(On a Subaru and Saab, I do know the computers does do weird things like
this, so my assumption is that Honda/Accura might be similar)

Hope this is useful to you.
Remco