Old July 4th 05, 12:53 PM
Old Crow

Greg wrote:
> Daughter's 95 YJ with 2.5 sucked on gas stock, sucked on gas with 31"s,
> and still sucks on gas with 33"s and 4.88s.

My '95 YJ with the 4 cyl. Had 30x9.50's on it and now has 235-70's.
On a measured 135 mile round trip commute it averages 20 mpg...with
either tire on it. Just has a bit more pick up with the 235's

My wife's '94 YJ with a 6 cyl. Had 215-70's on it when we got it. Now
has 30x 9.50's. On the same 135 mile commmute, it also averages around
20 mpg.

The only way tire size seems to have affected the gas mileage was by
the change in the speedo reading. Over an actual measured course, not
using the odometer as a reference, the mileage didn't hardly change.

--
Old Crow
'82 FLTC-P "Pearl"