Old January 27th 05, 09:11 PM
backally

Default Daytona fuel smell

I have a '86 Dodge Daytona with the 2.2 turbo, 115K miles. The last
month or two I noticed after putting it in the garage that there is a
fuel smell about a half hour later. I could not find any leaks
anywhere. Recently I noticed it while driving, pulled over and found a
slight smoke coming from the area of the injectors. I pulled off the
fuel rail and replaced the injector O rings. Everything else looked
good...fuel rail, lines, clamps. However, that didn't fix the problem.
I don't see any leaks or wet spots anywhere.

Anyone else have this problem? Any other suggestions on what this
could be other than replace the O rings again? I hate to replace all
the injectors at $50 apiece without knowing that is the problem. Is it
possible to pull off the fuel rail and pressure test the rail with the
injectors on it?

Thanks in advance