Old March 6th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech

Default reading OBD-II DTC's on the DATC (heater control) module?

"hillpcATemailaccount.com" wrote:

> The 2002 Powertrain Control and Emissions Diagnosis manual says, about
> the Dual Automatic Temperature Control module, "The DATC module has a
> vacuum fluorescent display for displaying set temperature, function and
> diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), and utilizes an on-board diagnostic
> (OBD) feature to supply the technician with diagnostic trouble codes
> (DTCs). These DTCs direct the technician to the inoperative component."
>
> But I can't find any instructions on how to get it to display the
> codes. Can anyone help with this? I have a 2003 Explorer and don't
> have a code reader. (I used to just count flashes on my '94 Crown Vic
> check engine light after jumpering with a paperclip under the hood. Now
> that the codes are alphanumeric this probably isn't possible anymore.)
> Thanks.

From the piece that you just quoted, it would seem that a code reader
may not be required. The description seems to imply that the module's
display will show the codes. You just need to figure out what to jumper
or which combination of buttons to push.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Matter cannot be created or destroyed, nor can it be returned without a