Old December 17th 04, 02:08 PM
Furious George

N8N wrote:
> Cory Dunkle wrote:
> > Saw this yesterday on Rt. 70 in NJ. I am cruising along in the

middle
> lane,
> > passing traffic to my right. I approach a cop in right lane. First

> the cop
> > tries cutting me off by attempting to pull out in front of me when

> there is
> > no room for him to do so, without even suing a turn signal of

course.
> Cop
> > decides that's a bad idea halfway into my lane as he realizes I'm

not
> gonna
> > slow down on account of him when I'm already halfway past him.
> >
> > After I pass him the cop pulls out behind me, then isn't satisfied

> with the
> > speed I'm going, so tailgates me a bit. I don't go any faster, just

> maintain
> > my speed passing traffic in the right lane, all the while keeping

my
> eye on
> > a LLB in the passing lane to my left. Timing couldn't be better...

> Cop
> > finally decides to pass me using the passing lane (duh!) only to

find
> a LLB
> > in the lane, traveling slower than me. Seeing a gap between the

back
> of the
> > LLB and the front of my car the cop decides to try to go for it. I

> maintain
> > my cruising speed, still passing traffic to my right, and close up

> that gap.
> > The cop tried to force his way in, but again, I didn't slow down on

> account
> > of him.
> >
> > The cop then settled in to a safe following distance behind the

LLB.
> The
> > right lane merged into the middle lane to form one lane ahead and

> that
> > caused a little slowdown in the middle lane (the lane I was in).

The
> result
> > was me driving alongside the cop at his speed for a little while.

The
> cop
> > then decides to tailgate the LLB, within about 3-4 feet of his

bumper
> (doing
> > 50 MPH or so). Cop would back off a little to maybe 6 feet and then

> close it
> > up to a couple feet again. Finally up ahead a light turns yellow.

Guy
> in
> > front of me decides to pass through even though he had plenty more

> than
> > enough room to comfortably stop. The LLB enters the intersection as

> the
> > light turns red, and the cop follows him through a couple feet off

> his
> > bumper. I stop at the light and observe the cop tailgate the LLB

> until I can
> > no longer see them.
> >
> > <sarcasm> Way to go pigs, thanks for keeping our roads safe.

*thumbs
> up*
> > </sarcasm>
> >
> > Cory

> Why didn't the cop just pull over the LLB and ticket him? That

sounds
> like the logical thing to do.
>
> nate

Yeah right, moron. And while we're at it, the cop should have written
himself a ticket for tailgating, reckless driving, and probably a whole
bunch of other things. But it ain't gonna happen.
Just as long as no one was speeding, everything is OK.