Old December 17th 04, 02:55 PM
N8N

Furious George wrote:
> N8N wrote:
> > Why didn't the cop just pull over the LLB and ticket him? That

> sounds
> > like the logical thing to do.
> >
> > nate

> Yeah right, moron. And while we're at it, the cop should have

written
> himself a ticket for tailgating, reckless driving, and probably a

whole
> bunch of other things. But it ain't gonna happen.
> Just as long as no one was speeding, everything is OK.

Even if you accept Jaybird's premise that breaking traffic laws is OK
for a cop, he still had one solid violation (LLB) and one possible
(entering an intersection "as the light turns red") on the LLB car so
why isn't he enforcing the law? i.e. if breaking traffic laws is
necessary "for the performance of his duties" (nominally, enforcing the
law) why isn't he performing his duties?

But of course, the cop apologists will come up with all sorts of
theoretically possible but highly improbable scenarios as to why such
behavior is perfectly reasonable and acceptable. If it were clear to
the average motorist that the cops really had the best interest of the
public at heart (i.e. letting the bad drivers know that their behavior
is unacceptable) we might be a little more understanding when we see
cops driving in an, um, "aggressive" manner.

nate