Old August 23rd 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Default ignition difficulty on my 1990 miata

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Don't give up that easy! I've had success with several car ignition

switches
> by spraying lubricants into the keyhole. White lithium spray grease might
> work nice but could be a bit messy in your pocket. WD-40 or a silicone

spray
> lube will usually work although you may have to redo it a couple of time a
> year. Give it a shot, changing the ignition never sounds like a good idea

> me unless all else fails!

Replacing the ignition switch was a relatively easy job. You're not
changing the part where the key goes in, you're just changing the rest of
it. IIRC it only took me about 45 minutes, from start to clean-up.

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata