Old November 12th 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Default I'm looking for a hard top

Don,

I don't know where you are, but if you go to miata.net, look at the
marketplace site (over on the left side of the main page) one of the
Mazda Dealer sites has a good price on the "side latch recievers" about
$ 50 US and the "Frankinstine Bolts" that go in the fwd. screw holes in
the chrome plates on the rear sections behind your top. The hard top
should work on the FWD. latches you have on your 2001. You will need to
remove the rear side trim pnls. by the door post to cut out the place
for the side latches, but on the inside of the pnl's, the place to cut
out is marked in a "molding line". When you get the pnl's. off you will
see what I mean.

Easy job to do !!! I just did it to my 2003 LS to put my '91 hard top
on.

Bruce Bing '03 LS