Old July 24th 05, 12:59 AM
Just A Guyİ

Well, depends on what you're looking for.....throttle response,
acceleration, engine dress-up..... I recently switched my chrome-style
"no-name" eBay CAI over to a K&N FIPK air intake and felt an immediate
difference in power (I'm driving an '04 BTW). The black tubing of the K&N
system isn't as "pretty" in regards to appearance, but it more than makes up
for it with its improved throttle response and faster acceleration
(especially off the line) effects. If you're looking for a few extra horses
and engine appearance points, go for a cheap, chrome "no-name" CAI. If you
actually want to 'feel' those extra horses, go with something a little more
pricey...the K&N, for example.....or design a hybrid (buy the cheap,
"no-name" CAI and a separate K&N filter to attach to it....that way you'll
get both the style and performance without putting too big a dent in that
bank account (and you'll also have the cold-air induction from the
fenderwell, something the K&N FIPK lacks). But IMO, the K&N FIPK delivers
what I'm looking for both in performance and styling, but comes at a
slightly higher price on eBay (but still at about half the cost that your
local auto parts store offers it).

The bottom line is that it's up to you. Only you know what you like. Good
luck and have fun with your mods.

Just A Guy

oups.com...