Old September 27th 05, 09:10 PM
fast_is_good fast_is_good is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlbreez4
I have a 95 stratus with a 2.5 V6. When I an driving, it will shift down
in gears, and can not drive over 35 mph. I have taken it to a
transmission shop, and they said no codes came up on the computer. Tried
to tell me that it had been ran low in fluid and it was some kind of
saftey thing, so I could get to a shop. I don't believe that. If I turn
it off for a few minute it will run fine for a few hours or a few weeks.
But sometimes, it will take a few days for it to change gears like it
should. I read on another site that it could be the input speed sensor.
I have bought it and the outup speed sensors, and am waiting to have them
put in. But I am thinking that isn't the problem. Has anyone had this
problem and gotten it fixed??
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
You would not have spent sop much money if you had the Transmission
controller fault codes read by the chrysler dealership. It is probably the
Vehicle speed sensors which are about $20.00. But het keep swapping out
parts instead of doing the obvious, which has been posted here how many
times?
I also have a 95 Stratus ES with a 2.5 V6 with the 41TE automatic transmission and am having the exact same problems as Litlbreez4. I've replaced the input and output sensors along with the wire harness connectors that lead up to the sensors. I've replaced the fluid and filter recently and have every 15k or so. The problem never shows itself in the winter only the summer and it does seem that warmer temperatures make it go into "limp mode".

I looked into replacing the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) but I found out that only the manual transmission has this sensor.

The last time I had the car into the transmission shop they checked it for codes and found nothing. He checked my CVI's and told me they look good.

Litlbreez4 have you or anyone else out there found a fix to this problem?