Old June 24th 05, 10:59 PM
Rob Guenther

The ECU connector is under the dashboard, somewhat in line with where the
steering wheel is on the A4's... Probably in a similar place on the A3's.

...... You let your son talk you into a car (doesn't dad/mom always know
best?), you bought it, and now you are getting it checked out?.... To be
honest this doesn't sound good from the get-go... But it's probably a pretty
easy fix, might just be a sensor or something.... you never mentioned the
driveablility symptoms... if there are none, it's not a big problem - as for
your fuse being good and you thinking there is a short circuit... well fuses
tend to blow with a short circuit (or your battery would drain increadibly
quickly and wires would literally melt) so you could have an open circuit (a
more common electrical condition, but something that pretty much all
non-electrical people call a short... everything is a "short" to most
people... most likely a broken wire would cause an open)
ups.com...