Old July 12th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Stephen M. Gluck

Default 1996 EB 150,000 miles. Whats going to go?

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:50:04 -0400, "John Smith" > wrote:

>It's been good all these miles with normal sevice. No major repairs except
>the blend door. I'm just wondering what to expect and what preemptive
>service I should do to avoid costly on the road repairs. Fuel pump? Timing
>belt/chain? Any suggestions. Thanks.

Evaporator in the HVAC systen. Known problem. Cout away the insulation
around the evaporator and let the condensation drip, The insulation
doesnt let the part dry and eventually it will rust and start to leak.
The OEM replacement part does not have insulation.