Old August 26th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Question on Stalling??? maybe fuel pump??

Hello there .............. I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac doing
EXACTLY the same thing. Try to rev the motor and it chops off precisely
at 3000 RPMs. I just swapped the fuel filter - no help. Have you
figured yours out yet? I know fuel pumps and catalytic converters are
expensive and I donn't want to swap them unless I am sure.

I did notice there is a strip of discoloration in the metal around the
muffler - looks heat induced and it's only a couple inches wide all the
way around. I wonder if this points to an internally collapsed muffler?

Please let me know if you have any updates!

Thanks,
Bear