Old December 15th 04, 10:16 PM
Ottar T

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:10:01 -0000, Steve68s
> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Dose anyone know where the engine water temp gauge sender unit is on a
> 1996
> A4 2.6 - ABC v6 engine? I have the top engine cover off but can't see
> anything that looks like it,
>
> Steve.

The one that feeds the dashboard gauge is located behind the right
cylinder head (looking from front). Easiest to spot standing on the right
side of the car. Points nearly straight upwards, with cable on top.
Some diferent types of sender units has been used, colour (blue or
white?)and number of cables tells which one to purchase..

regards
ottar t